Fuji Xerox Australia announces Docushare Connect - Content Management System for SMBs
Sydney, September 23, 2010 - Fuji Xerox Australia has announced the release of DocuShare Connect, an effective electronic content management system (cms) designed for small businesses and offices that produce and rely on large volumes of important business critical information. Packaged with one of the Fuji Xerox ApeosPort multi-function devices (MFDs), DocuShare Connect is an “out of the box” content management solution that can be operated from both PCs and Fuji Xerox ApeosPort MFDs.
It has been estimated that staff spend 18 minutes on average searching for documents, and up to 40 per cent of their time looking for information during a day’s work.* DocuShare Connect ensures that office staff no longer waste time searching for documents and files.
DocuShare Connect enables up to ten users and ten guests to scan and save valuable documents directly into the cms from the MFD, search and retrieve documents for print directly from the cms at the MFD, and search for documents using file names or key words within the document for immediate retrieval. Documents can be archived securely, with full version control and history. Email notifications are sent to staff when a new document is placed in the cms while check-in/check-out ensures users are working on the most up-to-date documents.
This ability to search, retrieve, and view for print at the device, not just at the PC aids users for example when they forget to print something, and saves time going back to their PC
Documents can be archived securely, with full version control and history from the cms. Email notifications can be sent to staff when a new document is placed in the cms while check-in/check-out ensures users are working on the most up-to-date documents.
DocuShare Connect makes it easy for small businesses to escape the problems of relying on hard copy files and documents, with a simple-to-use, yet sophisticated web based cms that puts any required documents at yours and your staff’s fingertips in seconds. DocuShare Connect enables offices to massively reduce the reliance on paper documents, the cost of storage and the dilemmas that it creates.
Content can be easily secured, searched, saved and stored with DocuShare Connect, making any document intensive process much more productive, and staff duties easier and more effective.
Scott Jackson, National Manager, Office Solutions Business, Fuji Xerox Australia said, "DocuShare Connect is a simple but sophisticated solution to an age old problem for busy small offices. It takes document management out of the too-hard basket and puts it back in the hands of staff enabling greater workflow efficiencies, time savings and ensuring that all documents are securely archived yet easy to find when required. Docushare Connect is the best solution on the market for small to medium businesses that want save time and money through enhanced document management."DocuShare Connect features:
- Scanning OCR scanning capability. Scan and save as Microsoft Office documents, the most modern PDF standards including PDFa, tiff, jpg files and more. OCR scanning with compression reduces file size and overall data storage. Multiple documents scanning is available to upload more than one file. Store – Scan then store information direct from the user interface (UI) at the ApeosPort into the cms. Turn hard copy information into soft copy archives. Securely store in the cms where information can be easily accessed by staff, or by staff with permission for sensitive documents.
- Share The permissions based access control allows you to share and secure content at document or folder level. Workflow is set up so that communication can be automated and email notifications sent when new information is added or modified.
- Search Using pre-defined metadata tags and file names, as well as keywords in the document. Not just from the PC but also from UI on the ApeosPort device.
- Retrieve Permissions based retrieval of content from the cms. Preview over 400 files types for printing direct from the UI at the ApeosPort device
Fuji Xerox Video Overview of DocuShare Connect:
* (Source: Gartner Group, IDC, & PriceWaterHouse Coopers studies 2003 - 2007)
About Fuji Xerox Australia
Celebrating its 50th year of operation in Australia, Fuji Xerox is a leader in integrated document services. The company offers a range of technology solutions and business services to meet the needs of businesses for the effective management of information, from creation through to production, distribution and capture.
The company, its management and staff are driven to create sustainable value for its stakeholders and this is reflected in our commitment to environmental responsibility and continuous improvement across all areas of our business.
For more information, contact :Jacki Willing
Marketing Communications Manager, Office Solutions
Fuji Xerox Australia
101 Waterloo Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
Ph: 02 9856 5304